In this passage Paul tells the church in Colosse about his ministry. It is amazing to see how he response to the Gospel of Jesus. Paul’s life is dedicated towards living out and proclaiming the Gospel. The main question I’ve been asking myself over the last few weeks is how can VI truly live out Colossians 1:24-2:5?
The conclusion I came to is that the only way our ministry can look like Paul’s ministry is by truly knowing Jesus the way Paul did. Paul got the Gospel and his life showed it.
Stop going to the mall and take time this week to reflect on the following:
Think and reflect on the fact that everything is “in Christ”
- in whom we have redemption (1:14)
- in him all things were created (1:16)
- in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell (1:19)
- reconciled in his body of flesh (1:22)
- in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge (2:3)
- walk in him (2:6)
- rooted and built up in him (2:7)
- in him all the fullness of deity dwells bodily (2:9)
- you have been filled in him (2:10)
- you were circumcised in him (2:11)
- in him you were raised up (2:12)
- triumphing over them in him (2:15)
- please in the Lord (3:20)
- fellow servant in the Lord (4:7)
- the ministry that you have received in the Lord (4:17)
Love Jesus for being not only the source of everything but for also engaging with his creation and loving us.
Live in response to the deity of Jesus and his love for us the way Paul did. Go back and read over the passage.