If you are a born and raised “church kid” like myself, then you NEED to check out the blog, Stuff Christians Like. It is so spot on that it’s actually kind of scary.
The most recent blog post is titled, “#593 Being a Christian Culture Snob”, he then goes on to provide a “scorecard” so you can rate yourself on how much of a Christian culture snob you are…. I was off the charts…. I am not sure this is a good thing.
Anyways, here are a couple of my favorites, but for a complete list go to the blog itself.
4. You publicly make fun of the song “I can only imagine” but secretly love it and get goosebumps when it comes on in the car when you are alone. = +3 points
13. You would like Switchfoot 17% less if they said “Jesus” all the time in their songs. = +1 point
14. Ditto “The Fray.” = +1 point
18. Seven of your top 10 favorite Christian songs are actually by non-Christians. You just like the way they express the sense of longing we all feel without getting all Jesus in your face. = +2 points
26. If you see any of the Left Behind books on a friend’s bookshelf you admittedly discount that friend’s ability to make wise decisions about anything in life. = +4 points
Like I said, I am not sure it is a good thing that I scored so high!… Either way, it is freaky how true this stuff is.