Jesus was sent as a missionary to this world. Through the gospel he now sends us out to be missionaries.
God’s mission is to restore his creation. He means in which he does this is through his family. First, through the sending of his Son, then through the sending of his people. We understand that God blesses us so that we can in turn be a blessing. We believe we’re sovereignty and strategically placed in time and place by the Father to carry out his mission. We’ve been given gifts, talents, passions, and skills to carry out the mission of God in this time and place in history.
As missionaries we are called to declare and demonstrate the gospel of Christ.
Biblical foundation: Genesis 12:1-2; Matthew 28:19-20; Romans 10:14-15; Psalm 139:13; Acts 17:26-27; Jeremiah 1:4-5; 2 Timothy- all of it.
– Do you see yourself as part of God’s story?
– What brokenness do I see in the city? On campus?
– Does your Living Room understand the sending nature of the gospel?
– Does your Living Room have a common mission to a people group?
– Does your Living Room seek out your “extended family”?
– Pray about whom God is sending you to.
– Meet in public places with your Living Room.
– Invite your extended family to functions and meetings.
– Look for the little moments teach the gospel to non-believers.